Many pontoon boat buyers are looking for the affordability in used pontoon boats. If you are one of these people, please note that our A Series & Promo Series line of pontoon was created just for your purposes. Our A Series exhibits the best of quality & features while sticking to the idea of an affordable pontoon boat. If you want the very basic pontoon boat consider our GS, a model that was created with the idea that it could be built upon and customized to the buyer’s specifications. We also have A Series & Promo Series models that include the best of features at the lowest price on the market. For more information, please locate and contact your nearest dealer here.
If you decide to purchase a used pontoon boat please consider a few things that affect the used pontoon boat value:
1. Furniture condition: Look for cracks/tears. Cracked furniture could signify that the boat was not properly stored.
2. Pontoon condition: Look for cracks and corrosion; open the drain plugs to check for water inside the pontoons. This could signify a leak.
3. Gauge condition: Ask to test the gauges by turning on the power to the dash. Check gauges for accuracy; do any tend to bounce?
4. Plywood/floor condition: Inspect for mold/mildew, verify the structural integrity of the deck. “Squishy” plywood indicates rotting.
5. Canvas condition: Look for cracks in the material. A worn out cover should be replaced to ensure proper protection. Mooring covers are expensive; if you can avoid purchasing a damaged cover we recommend you do so.
6. Motor condition: Have a certified mechanic inspect the motor for issues.
If you find that there are multiple issues with the vessel, consider purchasing a new pontoon boat – with our 5 year bow to stern warranty you won’t have to worry about these issues for a long time.
Pontoon Boat Appraisal
If you need to calculate the value of your Avalon used pontoon boat please visit the link below and select your boat’s specifications. It will supply you with the blue book value of your boat.
*Remember that prices listed online are not necessarily accurate. Any upgrades or special options will influence the actual resale value of the boat.